By Cedaleia Graham, Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
OntarioMD (OMD) will be virtually hosting our third annual Digital Health & Virtual Care (DHVC) Conference on September 29 and 30. This 2-day event is complimentary and features CME-accredited educational sessions on digital health and virtual care topics geared towards community-based clinicians and the broader health care community.
The DHVC Conference consistently offers an educational and informative experience for clinicians and health care technology enthusiasts to learn about digital health solutions that enhance patient care and practice efficiency. Last year, we saw over 2,500 registered and live attendees—including more than 1,200 physicians—representing 22 countries, and we are hoping to make an even bigger impact this year within the health care community with over 25 educational sessions, 20 EMR and Quality Improvement workshops, and much more!
To kick off the conference, our CEO Robert Fox, and Board Chair Dr. David Daien, along with the Ontario Medical Association’s (OMA) President Dr. Rose Zacharias and CEO Allan O’Dette, will welcome attendees tuning in from around the world and make their opening remarks.
Following the opening remarks, participants will be treated to a keynote panel on “The Art of Medicine” and how health care is evolving with technology, featuring Dr. Chandi Chandrasena, OMD Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Keith Thompson, OMD Physician Peer Leader, Dr. Thomas Freeman, Professor Emeritus, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, and Sydney Graham, OMD Patient Leader.
Participants will spend the remainder of the afternoon—and the entirety of day two—in sessions that are geared towards a variety of different topics from some amazing speakers, including:
- Privacy and Cybersecurity, featuring commentary from Andrew Drummond, Director of Health Policy and Privacy Commissioner, and Dr. Craig Roxborough, Director of Policy, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- The Future is AI
- Ontario Health Teams (OHTs)
- Guidance for Clinically Appropriate Use of Virtual Care presented by Dr. David Kaplan and Dr. Onil Bhattacharyya
- The Value of eServices presented by Dr. Mohammad Alarakhia and Dr. Claire Liddy
- A highly anticipated panel debate on “One EMR to Rule Them All” featuring panelists Dr. Steven Wong of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and Dr. Nav Persaud, Canada Research Chair in Health Justice.
Plus, there will be a special session on Billing Information from our platinum sponsor, the Ontario Medical Association, presented by Dr. Ryan Banach.
Similar to last year’s conference, day two of DHVC coincides with the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Orange Shirt Day on September 30. We will mark this important occasion, honouring Canada’s Indigenous peoples and their history, by dressing in orange or wearing ‘Every Child Matters’ buttons. We are proud to feature a keynote address by Tracey Lindberg, Indigenous-Rights Activist, Professor of Law & Acclaimed Author of ‘Birdie’. As an advocate, fighter, writer, teacher and more, she will share her many valuable insights on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation!
The day two keynote will be followed by an extensive line-up of CME-accredited educational sessions in three different streams focused on technology adoption, practical use of technology, and technology use for patients and staff. Some of these great sessions include:
- Virtual Care is Here to Stay – Dr. Kevin Samson
- Overview of Online Appointment Booking – Dr. Neil Naik
- Improving Virtual Care—the Clinic Manager Perspective – Stephen Beckwith, OMD Clinic Manager Peer Leader
- Secure Messaging—It’s all about the Communication – Dr. Anish Mody
- A Taste of Quality Improvement (QI) – Jennifer Littlejohn and Olivera Bosnic
- What About Us? Patients are the Real End Users – Dr. Meera Shah and Alies Maybee
- It’s Not Me It’s You!—Meeting Your EMR Match – Reza Talebi
We encourage those in the health care community—whether a family physician, specialist, nurse, nurse practitioner, administrative staff or allied health care professional—to register and participate in the learning that these great speakers and sessions will offer you.
Wondering what’s on the digital health horizon? We are fortunate to also offer sponsored sessions from some great organizations that can show you their latest innovations, including the Ontario Medical Association, Khure Health, patientSERV, Charting Champions, Amazon Web Services and Canada Health Infoway.
The Vendor Showcase will give attendees a glimpse into the future of virtual care and digital health technologies. Technological advancements are happening quickly and it’s important for us to stay up to date and be aware of the technologies that can benefit patient care and reduce administrative burden. We are certain that you will walk away from this conference with tips that will save you time and effort, and improve your overall work/life balance.
OMD looks forward to welcoming you to our third annual DHVC Conference! We are confident you will learn a lot and be able to implement some of the practical advice you see and hear back in your practices.
OMD is always available to support you before, during and after the conference with all your digital and virtual care needs. We are here to help! See you on September 29 and 30!