HOW TO GET ACCESS TO VIRTUAL CARE TOOLS
OntarioMD recognizes the pressures that a public health outbreak puts on physician practices and the health care system and is working with the Ontario Medical Association (OMA), the Ministry of Health, Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) and EMR vendors to inform physicians about the value of virtual care to help practices contain the spread of COVID-19 and manage the additional demand for patient care.
In addition to Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) Direct-to-Patient Video Visits (through OTNinvite) and Hosted Video Visits (in a health care setting), your OntarioMD-certified electronic medical record (EMR) may also have virtual care capabilities you can leverage during COVID-19 outbreak. OntarioMD is working with vendors of certified EMRs to identify these services and facilitate your access to them and will update the following resources list as more information becomes available:
For more information on other virtual care tools available to assist physicians, please visit:
|OntarioMD-Certified EMR||EMR Vendor||Virtual Care Capability|
|Canadian Health Systems Inc. (CHS)||Insig – A virtual care solution that directly integrates with EMR Advantage and allows a medical practice to offer phone, video and messaging appointment to patients.|
|QHR Technologies Inc.||Medeo – An integrated digital health patient engagement tool available as a mobile app or web-based tool. Medeo enables patients to use their mobile devices to securely message their provider, attend virtual calls, and book appointments with their providers using Accuro. |
Online Booking – Gives your patients power over their own time while securely managing yours. Spend less time on the phone and more time running your practice.
Secure Patient Messaging – Message your patients from Accuro EMR. Share comments, results, and documents. Messaging is ideal for follow-ups, lab result reviews, and post-op consultations that don’t require an in-person visit. Only providers can initiate and close a message thread.
Secure Video Visits – Provide video appointments for chronic care, injury and pain management follow-ups, include other providers, and securelyreduce barriers due to distance or patient mobility issues.
|OSCAR McMaster – Professional Edition||WELL EMR Group Inc.||VirtualClinic+ – Can be used by physicians operating on any EMR platform. If you are a physician or clinic operating on an OSCAR EMR, VirtualClinic+ provides additional capabilities that allow you to operate your telehealth practice in a manner that is fully integrated with your EMR.|
- OMA website (login required): Information and resources to keep physicians safe, including an informational chart that explains the processes to assess patients with possible coronavirus symptoms
- Ontario Ministry of Health website: Information about the virus for providers and patients
- Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) Direct-to-Patient Video Visits (through OTNinvite) and Hosted Video Visits (in a health care setting): Sign up to connect securely with patients via video. OTN also offers Remote Monitoring, Virtual Palliative Care and the Big White Wall (online peer-to-peer support service for patients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression)
- Public Health Ontario website: Information about current outbreaks of infectious diseases
- Telehealth Ontario: 24-hour advice for patients by phone