By Peter Hamer, Executive Director, Ottawa Valley Family Health Team and OntarioMD Clinic Manager Peer Leader
There are less than two weeks left until Canada’s largest EMR conference series comes back to Toronto. If you’re a clinician who is using EMRs and digital health solutions, or you’re interested in learning more about the value of the technology for your practice, you need to register now to attend OntarioMD’s EMR: Every Step Conference on Thursday, September 27.
I’ve attended and presented at the EMR: Every Step Conference since the first one back in 2012, and I’ve connected with thousands of clinicians and other health care professionals and digital health stakeholders who have agreed that there are many good reasons to make time in their schedule for this annual event. The conference offers a full day of CME-accredited content across 20 educational sessions, EMR workshops, a vendor showcase and two keynote addresses. The ability to access this much practical knowledge and CME credits for a registration fee of just $160 ($100 for students) is virtually unmatched anywhere else.
EMR: Every Step Conference content is provided by clinicians, for clinicians. The conference abstract process for this event began in the spring, when a clinician review committee analyzed and evaluated dozens of submitted abstracts to select the ones they knew would offer the best clinical value to their colleagues.
The Conference Agenda
You can view the full agenda for our Toronto EMR: Every Step Conference agenda here, including session summaries and speaker details. The content falls into four streams:
- Clinical Enhancements (Opioid Management, Optimizing EMR for cancer screenings, etc.)
- Digital Health (ebooking, eConsult, etc.)
- EMR Management (Clinic Manager Perspective on EMR, Practical Quality Improvements, etc.)
- OntarioMD Products and Services (EMR Dashboard, Privacy and Security, etc.)
In addition to the great knowledge-building educational sessions, we’re proud to offer clinicians and their staff a variety of training opportunities to learn more about how their EMR can work for their unique practice needs:
- Learn tips and tricks from your EMR vendor in the EMR Workshops
- Get EMR-focused mentorship from Physician, Clinic Manager and Nurse Peer Leaders by signing up for one-on-one Peer Leader Engagements
- Take the opportunity to complete an EMR Progress Assessment to see what level of EMR use you’re currently at
- Learn about OntarioMD’s Privacy and Security Training Module, and why successful completion of this online training module is one of the necessary requirements for access to some of Ontario’s digital health assets, including the electronic health record systems.
For the first time ever, the upcoming OntarioMD EMR: Every Step Conference will feature two keynote addresses.
Our morning keynote will feature Julie Drury, Chair of the Minister’s Patient and Family Advisory Council, She will deliver an address on the importance of including the patient perspective in digital health.
Our closing keynote will be delivered by Dr. Julielynn Wong, internationally recognized as a 3D printing, drone, robotics, telemedicine and digital health pioneer who uses cutting-edge technology to deliver healthcare solutions across diverse environments. Her presentation is titled “From Fax Machine to 3D Printers: Digital Health at Warp Speed.”
Whether you’re a new EMR user, or your practice has been connected for many years, the Toronto EMR: Every Step Conference will help you understand the latest trends and innovations in digital health and determine how this game-changing technology and support from OntarioMD can help you meet your unique practice needs.
Limited conference registration spots remain. Register Today!